The UFO sighting known as the Phoenix Lights was a sighting by a large number of people which occurred over the US states of Arizona, Nevada and also the Mexican state of Sonora on March 13th, 1997.
Here are a few key points about this sighting:
- Lights of varying descriptions were seen by thousands of people across Arizona including the State Govenor.
- The sighting was reported to be one to two miles across in size.
- There were two distinct events involved in the incident. One was a triangular formation of lights which were seen to pass over the state. The second was a series of stationary lights seen in the Phoenix area.
- One person described it as “a huge carpenter’s square-shaped UFO, containing five spherical lights or possibly light-emitting engines”.
- The sighting was observed by personnel at Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International Airport including air traffic controllers and at least one commercial aircraft crew.
“It was enormous and inexplicable. Who knows where it came from? A lot of people saw it, and I saw it too. It was dramatic. And it couldn’t have been flares because it was too symmetrical. It had a geometric outline, a constant shape.”
– Arizona Governor Fife Symington III in an interview with The Daily Courier about The Phoenix Lights
azcentral.com – Phoenix Lights: The Valley’s Most Famous UFO Story
Leave a Reply